Acidifying the drinking water.
Acidifying the drinking waterApple cider vinegar in the form of 10mL per 1.5L of water has a beneficial effect on the health of birds during the breeding season. Wout van Gils recommends giving this during the first eight days of the breeding season and four days a week thereafter.
Here are the benefits: -
- 1.Acts as an appetizer
- 2.Birds are less affected by coccidiosis
- 3.Birds increase their uptake of shellgrit.
- 4.Reduces the need for medications such as Baycox.
- 5.Limits the spread of megabacteria.
- 6.Supports the digestive process and stimulates the breakdown of food.
- 7.Disease carrying bacteria are stemmed and beneficial bacteria are enhanced (acts as a probiotic)
- 8.Compatible with the body’s own digestive juices.
Acidifying the drinking water in this natural way helps keep your birds healthy. It is much preferred to the use of antibiotics as the birds will not build up resistance to it. Healthy birds will mostly overcome a virus by building up sufficient antibodies and the use of acidified water will surely help here. Birds with insufficient resistance shall mostly die or remain in a weakened state.
Congratulations to Wout’s drive and resourcefulness with his canary website – over 1.1 million visitors during the past 12-13 years! www.woutvangils.be